Privacy Notice This is the privacy notice of OCDetailing Limited. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to OCDetailing Limited. We are company number 11489287 registered in the UK. Our registered office is at Unit 1 Woodstock Court, Bowesfield, Stockton-On-Tees, TS18 3BL
1. This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
2. We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
3. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
4. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
5. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
6. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
7. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website. The bases on which we process information about you The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process
because we have a contractual obligation with you When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We may use it in order to:
1.1. verify your identity for security purposes
1.2. sell products to you
1.3. provide you with our services
1.4. provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
3. Information we process because we have a legal obligation We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information. Specific uses of information you provide to us
4. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people. Examples include:
4.1. posting a message our forum
4.2. tagging an image
4.3. clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it. We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide. Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time. Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion, we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at [email protected]
5. Complaints regarding content on our website We attempt to moderate user-generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published. If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
6. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
7. Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date. If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
8. Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our OCD customer journey We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
10. Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner. It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you. The information is not used for any other purpose. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy. Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
11.1. to track how you use our website
11.2. to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
11.3. to keep you signed in our site
11.4. to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
11.5. to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
12. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
13. Our use of re-marketing
14. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
15. Data may be processed outside the European Union Our websites are hosted in the UK, EU. Our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) hosts data in the U.S. and complies with GDPR regulations effective 25th May 2018. We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
15.1. both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to the protection of your information Access to your own information
15.2 Whilst applying for credit or making a purcahse from ourselves we may also use a credit reference agency to verify and check the card data provided to us, at present we would use the services of Transunion and details of this can be found here – https://www.transunion.co.uk/crain
16. Access to your personal information
16.1. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at [email protected]
16.2. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
17. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at [email protected] This may limit the service we can provide to you.
18. Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information. Other matters
19. Use of site by children
19.1. We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
19.2. If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
19.3. We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
20. How you can complain
20.2. If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
20.3. If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
21. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
21.1. to provide you with the services you have requested;
21.2. to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
21.3. to support a claim or defence in court.
22. Compliance with the law